Skip to main content

Fancy Restaurants, Football Parties and Writing

 I went out to eat at this super nice restaurant with Sue. We got teas and salads and yeah... they also offered bread, which I can't eat, but she really seemed to enjoy. The server even opened little packets for us to wash our hands! That is super fancy. I've never had someone open a cloth for me to wash my hands with. 

We went to the garden store and Sue picked some really nice plants to put in her garden. She got pepper plants, which looked decorative to me, but she swears you can eat the peppers... I don't know, they looked more like for show. Anyways, that commune eats a lot of peppers. Which is funny. Each commune has something so exotic about them and hers is the constant beautiful peppers they grow and eat all the time. 

I went to our apartment complex party. It was for the start of the football season, so they had nachos (which I can't eat), cupcakes (which I can't eat) and soda, which I did grab. They had a decorative football wall, flags with all the teams they could find and a football for photos. I did take a photo with the football, but I don't really have a team. I guess I could have just picked a team to take a picture with a flag, but this worked. 

I spoke with the Office Manager who was hosting the party. She seems to know me pretty well because I try to go to all the events and she asked where Emory was, but he was working so he couldn't make it. They are going to have a remembrance day for 9/11 where they are going to walk with flags up the street and around. I wouldn't mind doing that, but I have a feeling it will be during my work hours. I guess she'll let us know. 

I really like living here.

Anyhoot! Sue is leaving for the week to go up to visit her family so that will be fun. She'll be back on Friday so we can head up to San Diego for the day and visit Miss Rosy-Dosy! Maybe we'll have lunch with Miss Rosy. I hope she can spear the time because it would be really fun to see her.

 I'm waiting for a hair appointment. I hate going and getting my hair done, but yeah. It needs to be cut because the curls get so tangled.

Ann is sending me a hat to go with my black dress. It's a 1920's style hat with a little black lace and feathers. I want to wear it to the Beetle Juice Experience. I hope they allow hats. I do want to dress fairly nice because it sounds like it's going to have a lot of photo opportunities. I'll seriously see what I need to do to be able to upload photos again on this blog account because this is getting crazy. I want to share photos and I just can't.

Writing Update:

B.C. I need to work a little more on this one. I have chapter 15 that I'm reading, editing, etc.

C. I have another chapter I need to write on this.