Skip to main content

Sunburns, Coffee and Writing

 We had another earthquake today. Luckily, Emory was home so when I started to freak out, he was there. Yes, we've lived out here for a while. No, I'm still not used to the earth moving. Though that makes me want to break out in a song.

Anyways, we went to Redondo for the weekend and got sunburned pretty badly. For some reason, my Google won't let me download pictures. It keeps telling me to sign in, though I'm pretty sure I'm already signed in, so if you want to see the pictures, check out my Instagram. (The link to my Instagram is to the side)

It was so fun! We walked to my favorite tea shop Racer Tea and started our day with a high caffeine tea. At that point, we already walked about 5,000+ steps. (Emory has a counter on his wrist). We then went to our favorite spot and I got a strawberry salad and Emory got a vegan burger. We were just chilling, listening to music when I spotted this lady putting things out for a bully rescue (pit-bulls) so I made a donation and got a nifty shirt that I'm giving my bartender. Yeah, she's super sweet and cute!

We then went to the beach to watch the sunset, but we got there too early and waited a few hours and gave up on the sunset because yeah... we didn't bring swimsuits and we were getting kind of hungry... and our skin hurt from the sunburn. So we went back to the area where all the restaurants were.

We did get our food. We got drinks. We chilled. 

The next day we found a super cute coffee shop called "Coffee Cartel" and got ourselves a few drinks and hung out for a little bit. They had a Redondo Beach puzzle, but we didn't purchase it. 

When we came to the (Port) commune to pick up the kiddos, Mozart had a slight limp. I think his legs are starting to give out on him. He is getting to be an older dog. So I've been giving him his pain medications and giving him extra yumyums. Because I seriously don't know how much time we have left with our fur babies. 

Writing Update:

Got a request for another story. I'm chill with it, but I hope they like what I come up with because I seriously am not usually a comedic or general romantic writer. I write urban fantasy/dark fantasy with romantic elements and that might be rough for some people.