Skip to main content

Salsa Festival A Blast and Writing

I'm having a problem with my account not letting me upload pictures. I'm not sure what happened. 😢😢

So we went up to the Salsa Festival and dragged Sue out with us. The drive was nice. Emory and Sue got drinks so I was the designated driver. I gave Emory and Sue the green light going in. Usually they drive me so this time, I told them to go hog wild and I'd do the driving. They didn't take advantage of the opportunity, but I still did the driving back. 

It was all the way out to Oxnard, which is funny because it doesn't feel like such a long drive like it does when driving even 20 minutes in Arizona. Sue and Emory agreed. Driving out in Arizona feels like forever... but maybe it's the heat radiating through the window that gives that illusion.

The music was fantastic. I couldn't get anyone in my party to want to dance, but we did do some shopping. I bought gifts for people, I bought Emory a drummer shirt, and I got us some oils for cooking. These oils were fantastic! I told Sue the sale's woman knew she had us on a hook because we just fell in love with all the samples she gave us. (side note: Emory actually made us tofu with the blood orange oil and mmmmm. so good!)

We had more salsa than we could eat. We did the Tasting Lounge and you get drinks, chips and tickets to go to the booths for the salsa. A lot of them let us try three salsa's for the price of one ticket. So Emory did his tickets on so many booths and I did mine on the others and we came back and shared. Sue is a little more picky so she didn't want to dip in our cups though we didn't double dip our chips. We broke the chips, dipped and that was that. See, we're pretty clean. If it'd only been us, we might have double dipped, but we had every intention of sharing with her. 

I did have Sue try a few before I ate them, because I wanted to make sure they weren't too hot. Even the ones that were mild had a bite. So good though.

I wish I could share some photos. I need to figure out why I can't. 

Writer Update:

C: Chapter 4 has been edited. I've started working on chapter 5 but my mind is stuck on another story that I've been editing. 

BL: 4/9 chapters edited. I'm not done with this story, but I went back to edit to see what I've written so far since I'm really slow on working this story.