Skip to main content

Collision Course, Doggy Dental Cleaning and Writing

I'm holding my breath because I might be on a collision course for a new adventure and I'm not entirely sure I'm on board with it. If this is the case, I might be heading back to the commune with my hubby and puppies in tow. 

Ann said that they'd welcome me and that they have a room... but let me remind you folks that the commune is extremely full so we'd be sharing closet space with a few people and I don't really want them to change anything around for us, soooooo... yeah, that's going to be interesting. Plus there is one television and the elders chose to watch things that don't really interest us, like soap operas and reality television. I'm more of a horror/comedy/superhero type girl.

I guess I'll know in the next three weeks what my fate is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out because I really like living in California. There is so much to do. 

Our friends from (yet another commune) are coming out soon. We are planning an adventure. This should be fun.

It's funny. Once you come from a communal living situation, how many people you meet that are also in a communal living situation. Does the fun ever stop? 💓

Seriously though, I really loved living with so many people. Everyone is coming and going. So many stories at the dinner table. It gets pretty wild. I've been to many communes and dinner is always in groups so there are so many people to listen to. It's really nice.

Typo got her first teeth cleaning EVER! Poor baby. I felt so terrible dropping her off at the vet, like I was an inconsiderate mother and though I know I'm doing the right thing, I just see her confusion and it kills me. She looked really rough once I picked her up. I think the medication they give to her to keep her asleep during the deep cleaning, had to work its way out of her system. 

She's a pretty happy camper now. Her mouth smells so much better, but I think this will be her last cleaning. She has the heart murmur and the doctor said that with a murmur, it's always a risk that her heart won't be able to keep up with the IV fluid in her system. I don't want to risk her passing over something so routine. Her teeth look great though. They only had to take one because it was cracked. I've been showering her with so much love that I think if she could speak, she'd tell me to knock it off.

Writing Update:

B.L. = Working on a side project and I don't like the "scene" I have on chapter six. I feel like it's too rushed and doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm rewriting it, but I'll have to reread it to make sure it comes across the way I want. I had to do a major bad guy reveal and I think I nailed it the second rewrite, but yeah... I read my stories a few dozen times to make sure it reads properly with timing, etc.