Skip to main content

Book Club for May, Happy Beltane and Writing

Watching: Dead Boys Detective Agency  (soooo bloody good)

Reading: The Christie Affair

Eating: Vegan Nachos 

The Christie Affair is really making me mad for Agatha Christie, but Sue and Darlene told me to keep reading and it would all make sense. I looked up the divorce, which is real though the story is fictional, and Agatha's husband was able to take a lot of money. I don't know if it was his money or hers. It just pisses me off. Again, I have to remind myself that the story itself is fictional and I can't keep getting so caught up. Fictional! Fictional! Fictional! *le sigh*

I've started my Christmas shopping! I found so many things that need to be personalized, but I love them. I can't show what I've found here, but I think I've got something in mind for every single person I know! I also found wildly inappropriate gifts, that I showed Ann and Lucile and they thought they were great gag gifts. 

Happy Beltane! I wish there was somewhere I could build a fire and dance. Maybe the beach... I remember one place I went to had areas for people to build fires, but I can't remember the beach because that memory is so old it almost feels like a dream. 

Also!!! Super Happy Birthday to my Bestie!! She's a Beltane baby so she's super special.

Writing Update:

I was editing my vampire novel, which I wrote well over ten years ago, and realized I probably should read it before I edit because I changed a few things around in chapter three only to read chapter four and realize that chapter three made perfect sense. 

I'm going to have to read ahead to see what I actually had planned for this novel because I thought I could just jump in and edit and see the natural progression of my thoughts. 

Surprise! I can't! 

I do like the characters though. The names... I could have put a little more effort into them, but I do like the story.