Skip to main content

Commune House, Accidents and Writing

 We've been sleeping over at the commune for the better part of a week. They live up in the hills so there is more wildlife. We have to watch our dogs so that the coyotes don't get them.

I was trying to sleep and I kept hearing someone outside laughing. It threw me off. Why was someone right outside our window? It took about five minutes to realize that it was an owl. I don't think I've ever been somewhere where there was an owl. The "who who" sounds a lot like laughter.

Emory was watering the greenhouse. I found the cutest gift for Sue that is a little flower pot coffee mug and it comes with a spoon that looks like a shovel. However, Sue might like cat things better. Go figure. She is so particular about her gifts.

Anyways, we were heading back up to our apartment for the day when Emory looked in the rear view mirror and saw something scary. He told me to look back in the direction we came (which now was about 1/2 mile away). It was completely blocked off by police and ambulances. 

We missed a disaster by a fraction! I'm praying to my Goddess on that one. We got lucky, but we have no idea what actually happened because it must have happened after we got through the light. 

Writer Update:

Untitled Werewolf: I went back over the chapters since I'm stuck. I might completely delete a scene and restart the writing on chapter three. I'm not sure why I'm stuck but the flow just stopped. I need to rethink my fight scene in case it is what stopped the story's progress.  So far 5/? chapters completed.