Skip to main content

No-Go Vegan Candies, Commune Parties and Writing

 I bought vegan candies. I got so excited that they were gelatin free that I got three bags, then I looked at the back and it said "wheat." What! Nuts!

So I called my best friend to see if she'd eat them. She said yeppers! Because Sue is so anti sugar. She says it'll give you dementia and I think candy just sits around at the Phoenix commune now that most people with children have moved on and out of the community. 

I'm going to go visit another commune, that my BFF is staying at. She's having a huge party so that should be fun. Emory and I are staying the night. She's got a crystal room so I'm hoping she'll show me all her witchy stuff. I love the potions and lotions and she's a crystal healer so that is even more fun stuff. Maybe I can get her to read my tarot. I have tons of cards, but I love having other people read for me. Does that make me lazy? 

Steven is going to watch our dogs for us. He said Typo can sleep with him, because Mozart will probably want to sleep with Ollie. 

I am not looking forward to the long drive back to Arizona. I love the people there, but that drive is brutal. Emory has been so sleepy by the time he gets home from work so I might have to drive... Look out people! I'm behind the wheel! 

Actually, I hate driving on the California freeway. Traffic does more zoomies than Mozart and that's A LOT of zoomies. 

I've been drinking coffee and writing. I keep forgetting to eat. Too much writing so little time. 

Writing Update:

Stayed up until 1 am in the morning trying to get chapter 3 situated. I want to save most of what I have, (because I really love the dialogue) but I feel like the story has slowed substantially. Am I telling too much too soon or not enough to keep the readers going? If my beta reader wasn't busy this week, I'd send her a few chapters to tell me if it's moving too slowly.