Skip to main content

Crazy Stormy Weather, Ventura for Sunday and Writing

 Holy cow the weather was bad on Thursday. I thought we'd lose power. It was hailing, and the rain was coming down in buckets. I think it scared Mozart because he usually doesn't just sit by my feet while I'm working so I picked the little booger up and stuck him on my chair with me. Of course, he growls as we both try to get situated with space. 

To be fair, the weather scared me and I knew I was safe, but Emory was out of the house so I was really worried about him driving in it. I called the commune out here to make sure they weren't in it. Sue said she was at home, but she had to leave within the hour. Darlene was out golfing though she never said it was raining. I guess she was up in Solvang and it was just terribly cold and windy.  Mr. M was at the other commune working on painting doors. I guess those doors are pretty heavy and he had to call in for backup moving them. 

Emory and I went up to Ventura for Sunday and had a blast. I bought a few puzzles though I knew better. We couldn't find the place we originally got super cheap puzzles. Then we met Sue for lunch and afterwards went and got drinks. We had such a great time and we kept shopping.  

We went back to the commune down in Ventura to look at Sue's garden. She is so good with plants. I think that's her zen on top of yoga. 

Writing update:

I'm working on a Werewolf Untitled story: I'm thinking of changing one of my character's names. It just doesn't feel right like I outgrew this name. 

Untitled Dystopia : my BFF is going to work on a cozy mystery for April Camp NaNo so I think I might work on my dystopia. I have a strong beginning but what the heck am I doing with the middle? I hate to think I still can't plot, but maybe I do better with REALLY rough drafts and then go back and plot?