Skip to main content

Arizona was Cold, Communes are Comfortable and Writing

 We're back from the communes! 

The trip to Arizona wasn't too bad. The dogs were really good and then we got to Arizona and stayed up past midnight just talking with everyone. Emory had a beer with Ann and I just listened to conversation. No shopping, though AZ is my favorite place for garage sales. I'm really supposed to be downsizing, according to a few communes, who have super organizers. You know you can't live in a commune without a few because someone has to get things settled for everyone. 

Anyways, at 2pm on Saturday, our besties were having their party so we went. We learned so much about them with the games that they played for their party. It was so funny but lead to me wanting answers, but Emory said that we probably shouldn't ask...

I ate way too many red velvet cupcakes, but to be fair, they were gluten-free and vegan so the best combo in my world! They were so stellar! I would have eaten more, but even I know that sometimes you have to share... 

I love this commune. I love all the communes. There are so many comfortable chairs to sit in. So many interesting people to talk with. So much to eat. 

It was cold in Arizona. I brought out some really neat party dresses, but yeah, too cold to wear so I ended up wearing a flowery dress. Anne had way warmer pajamas that she gave me. We situated all the gifts she found for people. She did a lot of wrapping and Emory and I got them in the car for California peeps. 

On our way back, we stopped at Palm Springs and got date shakes. Emory got mocha and I got strawberry. He said that when I left and didn't come immediately back, that I was probably shopping, so he wasn't too surprised when I brought a bag back. I'm just surprised they gave me a bag. Usually California cashiers ask before putting your stuff in a bag due to the price of bags. I got us garlic chips. They are so freaking good and a worth the splurge. 

Writing Update:

 I need more of a back story for one of my characters, so I've been handwriting a few things down vs. writing them out on the computer. Also, after running around outside barefoot in AZ, I realized that you really can get too cold (as in your toes start to hurt), so I need to rewrite the weather in the book as well.