Skip to main content

Optic Nerves, Bye Bye Car, and Writing

 I went for the first round of eye tests. They did a scan of my retinas and my optic nerves. I have to wait until the doctor looks at the scan and then I have to go back for more tests. They will dilate my eyes this time. Good luck! I'm a pretty fast blinker and I do NOT like eye drops. 

I lost my car in the parking lot and had to ask security to help me find it. I felt rather silly because I called Emory to tell him my car was gone and asked him what to do. He said go to security. Security took my car keys and did exactly what I did to look for my car, by making it beep. We found it and then I got a lecture on what "color" my car was and what the make and model was. Apparently we don't agree on color. I told Emory that I seriously couldn't tell the difference on color and Emory explained to me what the security guard was going on about. (Potatoes and Tomatoes, I swear!) I think there is an ever slight difference in color and the guard wanted to make a point.

I did have an adventure at the huge and I mean HUGE doctor's office. There's four buildings attached and so many floors. I ran into this little lady of distinguished age, (she was a fine wine) and she was looking for the first floor. I got her to the first floor and then she was looking for the cafeteria, which I think is in the basement. She didn't want to go down one more floor, so I offered her the granola in my purse and she said no. I should have told her that it was gluten-free and dairy free in case she's got allergies like me. She asked where the exit was, so I walked her. In the end... maybe I was too helpful. I didn't want to abandon her on her journey, but Emory said me following her around might have made the situation awkward, but in my defense, she kept asking me questions on locations so I didn't want to point and say "have at it." 

In other news, I got carded while buying box wine. I actually don't know if the lady thought my gray hair was a statement, but I can't paint on wrinkles so I was a little surprised. I gave her my identity which she seemed a little annoyed with, like I should have had my card out to buy it, but honestly, this is the first time in 15 years that someone carded me. I don't remember the last time I was carded now that I think about it. Emory thinks it's policy, but I've bought wine there before and no one has carded me. I'm actually very flattered. 

Writing Update:

Working on the first two chapters of a new story. Yes, I never finished the other one that's taken me almost 1 1/2 years to write. I'm almost to a good point in that story, but I really had the new story at the forefront of my mind. I didn't think the new story would be so funny, but as I'm rereading it, I'm actually laughing at the thought process of one of my main characters.