Skip to main content

Earthquakes, Medical Coding and Writing

We had an earthquake on Friday that really got my adrenaline pumping. I called Arizona first, not that they felt it, but I just wanted to hear someone's voice, than I called Sue who lives out here. She asked if I was okay. It wasn't as big as it could have been, but it made things shake and my heart was really pumping. She's straight to the point, asked if I was okay, told her yes and the conversation was over. But it was still nice hearing someone's voice and she was much closer to the zone it started in. Emory said that he heard the office settle and that was that. I asked Miss Mary and she said that she was in the parking garage when it happened and all the car alarms were going off. She laughed and said, "At least I wasn't in the elevator." I got tons of emails from my co-workers all checking in. That was fun.  

I'm thinking about going back to school. I really want to be a medical coder, but I have a really good job. It's just that this job has mentioned "reorganization" which usually means people are going to get let go. I'm excited for the future and hopeful so if they do let us go, I'm going to be ready to bounce back into something just as fast paced. 

Typo is looking a little rough. She's looking like a street pup all raggedy with a dirty beard. Been drinking too much rum I tell you what! 🙈 Just kidding. She's a good pup. She's also underage so she can't drink yet. (Emory says in dog years, she's older than us) She likes her fruit and veggies though. I swear when Emory hands me something to munch on that they just KNOW it's something they want too. I end up sharing my food. We are aware of what they can't eat, no matter how hard they beg, so they just don't get it. But they get my apples, strawberries, tomato slices, pieces of blueberries.

 We went to Redondo this weekend. We saw a sign saying that traffic would be delayed on Sunday because of the Superbowl 10K run. We really had nowhere to be on Sunday, so we just chilled and went outside to watch the runners coming in. It was right next to the condo we were staying at. 


I did start to feel pain in my leg from all the walking. I'm not sure what it is. It's just annoying, but we need to start really working out hard because we plan to walk a lot in our near future. Emory says we have to get ready for Colorado. I'm just sad we couldn't do so much walking on Sunday, but I was so achy and it feels like there is a pin in my leg so bending it is really hard and painful.

Writing Update:

Almost at 3,700 words on the chapter I'm editing. These are long chapters, so I'm grateful that the readers never complain.