Skip to main content

Drowning Plants, Horror Movies and Writing

The commune out here in Los Angeles is going on a two week cruise trip coming up in June. I was just warned. I usually don't mind babysitting the animals, but now we have a greenhouse to take care of and Emory and I are terrible with plants! I'm a little stressed, because the greenhouse is everything to Sue and Sue means a lot to me so I don't want to mess it up. We'll have to be diligent. And June is pretty hot, so that means extra watering... maybe? Watch, I'll drown these plants. 😓

Emory is working a lot of overtime so we've been a little slow with puzzling.

Steven suggested I watch Thanksgiving. It was brutal! But I liked it. With masked slasher films, I always get to the point where I have to know who the killer is so I google it. Yikes!

I also watched Dark Harvest, which I thought the plot was great. The story had me intrigued and again, I really just wanted to know what was happening. Emory called it. I think they left it open for a second movie. I hope so. It's really good. 

We didn't do anything over the weekend and we probably don't have a lot to do this weekend. It's Tax Season so it's time to get the taxes situated.

Writing Update:

I've decided to start writing mainstream again so it's time to get my stories out and dusted off. I have a dystopia romance idea that I would like to play around with and see where it goes. I've written first person for so long and third person but only for freebie sites, so I need to brush off my understanding of 3rd person POV switching for mainstream books. What passes on the freebie sites won't pass for publishing so I need to really focus.

Also, my moon sister has agreed to have writing nights with me where we write for so long, stop and read the last sentence and then laugh because well, it's a rough draft and those sentences can be pretty funny.