Skip to main content

Nervous Eye Tests, Kitty Pillowcases and Writing

 Super nervous to get my eyes examined. I'm not sure what it will entail, but whenever doctors have to do tests, it's never fun. I've had too many experiences with "tests" to feel any kind of ease. The woman who booked my appointment said that "they wouldn't be dilating" my eyes. I guess I could always ask Sue to drive down with me, but I think she's got enough things on her plate. She's so busy.

I had a quiet weekend. We were going to go on a date night with other couples, but we decided that now wasn't the time. It would have been at a club, and truthfully, I'm a little scared to drive on the freeways out here. I was only going to drink soda for the night, and let Emory have the beer, but we thought about it and it's been a long time since we've been to a club. Maybe we'll do it next time. 

We did end up cleaning. I guess Sue is in the cleaning mood ( she blames tax season) and she constantly has advice on what we should be doing, so I did a little cleaning and Emory swept the porch. Sue said if I have any clothes, she would give it to the charity she works at. I really should get rid of everything that kind of hangs on me. I have to wear tank tops under a few shirts and they're suppose to be nice dress shirts, so the tank tops are probably a bad idea. 

The kitty pillow cases finally came in and we stuck them on two brand new pillows because that's what Sue wanted for her birthday (the pillows... not so much pillowcases) but I got the pillows brand new for so much cheaper than the price that was listed for them so I wanted to add something to her gift. Now, she says she doesn't want cat stuff, so this is a 50/50 that she's going to hum and huff about the gift, but the kitties are so cute! I sent a picture to Ann and Ann even said they were cute. I didn't send the picture to Darlene because I don't know if Darlene will let the "cat out of the bag" 😉 on the gift idea. 

Emory had the dentist today. His teeth are perfect. Lucky Ducky! 

Writing Update

Got 2,000+ words written on B.C. that I'm trying to finish. I was a little afraid I wrote myself into a hole, but it's working out.

I have a story that's a bit of a reality jump and it's the first I've tried writing in a sci-fi type setting. I think I'm doing a good job, but I will have to let Emory read it because he's the one that reads sci-fi. I read urban fantasy.