Skip to main content

MLK Day, Sick and Commune Won't leave you Lonely

 I thought I'd get on here and wish everyone a fantastic Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

But I got sick, so this post is going to be a little late. I felt horrible and the only person I told was Ann, (I think) because being this sick makes you delusional. Anyways, The Porter Commune called and said, "You have a fever, we got the cures" which included advice like rub rubbing alcohol over your skin, and put a wash cloth between your armpits and groin for fevers. Don't drink tea... put honey in your drinks... gargle with salt water. 

It was funny, but they talked so fast and I barely understood any of it because I had the brain fog seriously bad yesterday. I still have it today and working is so hard. I hope I'm doing okay. It's nice to have people who care. Sue offered to bring us soup. I will have to tell her I don't have much of an appetite. That old saying: Starve a Fever, feed a cold.

 Anyways, this weekend was a bust! I wanted to see if I could find pillows for Sue. I would get the kitty pillowcases if I can find them, but even amazon makes them look like they only sell the covers, not the pillowcase. She doesn't need decorative stuff. That's not her personality. Plus she's like "I'm not a cat lady." as she shows up with cat shirts and etc. 😂

It's going to be another early night. I took my cough medication, my fever medicine my nasal spray (Ann swears by Zicam) and my vitamins and a quick gargle with salt water and I'm good to go.

Just a couple more hours of work and then I can lay back down. No real room for lunch.