Skip to main content

Eye Problems, Palm Springs Maybe and Writing

 It's one of those nights that I really couldn't sleep. I have too much on my mind. I just got bad news from the eye doctor that one of my eyes isn't doing so great. I felt invincible and now I feel like my body is really starting to fail me with everything that keeps going wrong.

Sue offered to watch the dogs for us so we can go to Palm Springs or the Joshua Tree Forest. I'm excited about that. It's pretty cold though and going up the mountain in Palm Springs might be a bit colder. They have great Date Shakes there. It costs a lot of money though for specialty items. There is one place I want to go, that I don't know the name of, but it's full of rocks that someone has painted. I want to see it, though I think it's called "The Church..." of something. I don't know how religious it is though. I hear it's in the middle of nowhere.

Sue's birthday is coming up so I'd like to take her out for a beer. Ann said that Sue would like pillows because the commune pillows are a little too stiff for her.

I had a day off and I was unsupervised so I went to my favorite thrift store and picked up three puzzles. I hope the pieces are all there, but I do like the thrill of not knowing. I have a few smaller puzzles that when we are done with them, I'm going to take them to the libraries that I see in front of people's yards and drop them off. These libraries are very small wooden boxes. I've see three now, one at two different churches and one in front of someone's house. I asked Sue if she'd like me to drop off the little puzzles she has, but she's undecided. 

Writing Updated:

I just posted another chapter and I'm working on chapter 13. I really meant to work on it yesterday, but I wasn't feeling the energy. I have another story about alternate universes that I want to work on. I had a dream that gave me a notion I should write a little bit of a back story on before jumping into the real story.