Skip to main content

Joshua Tree National Park, California Touristy Thing and Writing

 So the Porter Commune packed up there bags and headed towards the Mojave Desert. They wanted to see the Joshua Tree National Park. <-- click for photos. Emory and I got a picture right in front of those trees. They are pretty when they bloom but they look prickly and not very pretty for most of the year.


I found a Joshua Tree Distillery. How fun! Maybe we'll go.

I'm looking for things to do out here in California and do the touristy thing for a while because who knows when we'll pack up our bags and leave again. 

We are going to spend Sunday with a Meetup group at a Wine Bar down in Los Angeles. I hate driving down there because you have to use the freeway and the freeways out here freak me out. (Literally gives me nightmares that the freeway splits and I end up in downtown Los Angeles). Anyways, there are only four people going so far and it's on Sunday from 3pm-5pm. Emory and I both agreed we're only going to drink a small glass of wine and spend the time talking. I think we can really stick to our guns. He has to work the following day and there is no point in getting sick.

My best girlfriend is going to Hawaii to renew her vows. We were invited, but alas, I believe work and money will get in the way of such an exciting trip. If Emory had his job longer than a few months, we could probably ask for the time off. We're excited for them so I hope I get tons of photos.

Writing Update:

I have tons of writing books. It's time to pair down what I need and to start giving the books to other writers who might have better uses for them.