Skip to main content

Holiday Parties, Art Festivals and Lost Christian Dior Flowers

 Holy Cow! Emory took on temp work right now and the company he works for threw a huge party for the workers. He got his fill of vegan burgers, chips and humus. He brought home a super cute blanket which I love! and he brought home gift cards which we need because our coffee machine broke and we need to be careful with how we spend our money, so just shopping is out of the question, but with gift cards, we're lucky this time. 

We went to a little festival this weekend with the commune. It was real small and Emory and I got vegan donuts and Sue bought something for the house that's going to be a surprise so we had to sneak it back to her car. She also bought a Christmas Spider for Steven since he's not fond of spiders. He has the same reaction towards spiders that Jeffrey has towards scorpions. One glance and he's gone! So we told Sue we'd take it out for Steven to open. 


Emory and I found flowers and a tiara on the sidewalk but it's not a place that has a lot of people so it couldn't be a crash, which is what Steven said when I told him about what we found. It was two dozen Christian Dior roses. The paper alone probably cost my entire paycheck. I couldn't imagine what was spent on these. What's the story?


 We did our meet-up at Starbucks and then we walked out to Candy Cane Lane. There were over 23 of us and I had some good conversations. I would like to see these people again and the host was so friendly. We introduced ourselves and then broke into smaller groups. Emory and I separated to cover more conversational ground. There was a DJ dressed like the Grinch playing music and boy! We all took our turns filming a little of it. What a great night.

Writing Update:

Oops, forgot to write this week, but I do have a chapter ready to post. I do need to get back to it. People are waiting for me to finish this super drawn out story.