Skip to main content

Commune Groceries, $200 Perfume and Writing Update

 The commune had a lot of food left over from Thanksgiving. They collected a lot of things prepping for a huge dinner and didn't need as much as they thought so Sue is bringing me over some unopened cans of green beans and corn. She also has a few unopened boxes of mashed potatoes (which I hope are vegan because they are so much easier to prepare than homemade mash potatoes). 

My coworker told me she wanted a $200 bottle of Chanel perfume from her boo (I don't think they are actually dating yet). I like the fruity scents personally and the most expensive bottle of perfume I own is about $55.00. I got it on the border a while ago but the perfume still smells super nice. Anyways, she said hell-no to my personal taste and I told her for $200 that perfume better smell like food. She was a little confused so I told her the old saying: "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." She didn't find that funny, but when I told Emory about this conversation, he laughed. I know it's true because I get a lot of compliments on vanilla scents and citrus scents. 

I did have a perfume from Caesars Palace that my dad bought me when I was 18 and I wore it to the grocery store because that's where I worked and the workers would come close and sniff the air (repeatedly throughout the day) so I guess that was a nice perfume, but so strong! I usually wore it on dates, but I like the perfumes I have now mostly because I get a thrill when Emory sniffs the air and says, "You smell nice" 😏 I like that he notices.

I'm super excited. This is going to be a busy month again. 

Writing Update

B.C. Working on chapter 12. This is a pretty decent story, but sometimes I need a few days to really think a scene through. I originally wrote a very tragic part of the story but now I rewrote it so the tragedy is off screen.