Skip to main content

Commune Christmas, Puzzle Shaped Boxes and No Win Ugly Sweater

 Spending the holiday with at the communes! We went to one commune for coffee. I had a gift for Farmer Bill this year to thank him for everything he's done for us. I thought it would be a busy trip, but it really wasn't. We had a lot of people to see, but it was all crammed into a few days and then we ended up having to drive back to California because Emory has a new job right now. 

I didn't win the ugly sweater contest at work. I think the homemade sweaters do a lot better than the store bought ones, but I'm not that creative. My creativity lies in writing.

OMG! My best friends made me and Emory a wood puzzle piece that can hang anywhere, with our initials on one side and the "Puzzle Couple" initials on the other side! They are so creative. One year, they made us drink mug/wine glass with our initials on it. 

I think the funniest, but very practical gift we got this year was a headlamp because Emory and I walk at night and a few times the cars turning have almost whacked us. So Ann got us a headlamp. Steven got us coffee which is so awesome. We got the commune house a box of food treats and then we got Ann a bird feeder because they like to look at the birds.  

We had such a great time at the commune! This year everyone liked what I found them for Christmas (secretly that will always be Yule though Yule is about 4 days earlier, but still)

Ann and I went to Goodwill and bought a load of puzzles. We got about 16 altogether. She is so cute. She said, "Did we make a haul?" I laughed and said, "Yes, this is definitely a haul."  Emory and I did a video on all the puzzles we bought, though Emory is not too thrilled about shopping, but I made him make the video.

It took about four trips to the car to bring everything up. (mostly puzzles) It's funny because EVERYONE bought puzzles for Laverne because that's what she wanted. I found a really funny meme that said "pretending that puzzle shaped box is not a puzzle" but of course she knew she was getting puzzles this time around. 

I didn't take many photos this time. I really love photos but nope. I did take some photos at the Chandler commune, but I can't really share them because it's a lot of people that were guests there too. I took a lot of photos for everyone to have and I think they really like it.

Writing:

None.