Skip to main content

Christmas Woes, Christmas in Az (maybe) and Writing

 Christmas Woes! Since Steven isn't much younger than me, if I find really cool things I like, I send pictures to him as well to see if he likes them. Well, for Christmas, people keep asking me what Steven would like so I gave them the list of things I had liked for him. I never thought two communes of people would get him the exact same thing! I was speaking with Ann who talks with only one commune and she said, "Hey, so-and-so already got it for him." and I speak with the other commune and I'm like "Crap! So-and-so also got it for him." So I'm officially going to stop giving lists. 

On the bright side! I know what Emory is getting for Christmas and I'm thrilled. I think he'll love his surprises. He loves anything people give him, but the thrill of the gift giving is always the best!

We're still waiting to see if we can go out for Christmas to Arizona. We have Mozart trimmed and ready but our usual hair salon won't take Typo because of her new medical issues that came to light. So she's still a hair-bear. She looks a little like a toy, but Mozart does too when he gets hairy. They've been begging for treats a lot lately, and since Typo's medical news is so alarming, Emory has been spoiling them. Speaking of spoiling, I bought them a tray of cookies from the pet store. I guess they'll get a cookie tonight.

I was on a really funny text yesterday from two of the communes combined, and I was like "staying out of this one" because it was a mathematical joke that turned into a huge conversation, that turned into a lecture and a huge "mic drop" moment, so I was like "yikes" and even Steven was like "Staying out of it" so we had a private chat between him, me and Ann. I personally fell for the math joke because I am silly that way and math is not my biggest point so I was in the "wow" zone and Steven was like "this is how it works" and I then realized I was duped. Ann was duped too. However, I think it would be super funny to send to the children. I'm not going to say the math joke only because it's so obvious, I actually feel pretty stupid. 

They are tearing the apartment above us up, so that's fun. It's so loud and obnoxious and makes me super nervous. I was listening to Echo play me music, which is nice because I can tell her to pause and she'll get quiet, but I need something to distract from the noise. I was listening to opera the other day. Something about it just makes my soul purr. But Echo has weird music choices for "Happy Music" and "Halloween Music" if I ask for either of them. So I've been listening to 1980's music which makes my spirit calm and happy.

 Writing Update:

Finished chapter 12 and started chapter 13. I'm on a role and I stopped at a really good point so I hope to pick it back up easily. I tried to write yesterday but my spirit just wasn't into it so I ended up watching Horror Christmas movies. I think I've seen a lot of them, but why not, right?