Skip to main content

Christmas Boat Parade, Puzzle Swaps and Writing

 We went to Redondo Beach for the weekend and watched the Christmas boat parade. It was small but adorable and from the spot at the condo, we had a great view without having to leave the comfort of our space. We had dinner and drinks and watched the boats. Emory took a few pictures to send to Darlene because she was out boating in Ventura and wanted to see what the Redondo boat parade was like.

 

It got hot last weekend. It's supposed to be hot again and then it's going to be raining. I hope it doesn't rain on us when we do the meetup. We decided to meet new people again. Just for a little bit of conversation since we exhaust the same topics with each other. I'm sure there is only so much we can say in a day, though I do talk right through the best of television and puzzling. 

I would love to do a meetup with puzzlers but the only thing I found was a puzzle swap. I told the communes to get their puzzles ready for swapping and I'll take all the puzzles up to the swap spot (all the way in Orange County which is a 2-3 hr drive) and get them new puzzles to bring home. I talked with Ann and Laverne and they said between them, they have about 60 puzzles. That's how much I have too. They're still working on the 2,000 piece puzzle and cussing every minute of it. It's funny. I don't know if Emory and I will be able to help them, but we can try when we come out to AZ. 

Sue said that about 30+ new puzzles came in from a friend, and she picked out ten to take home and let Darlene chose a few and now it's my turn to chose a few for myself and to chose a couple for the other commune. I really can't wait to see what she picked up, but Ann told me to play it cool. Can't get too over excited about puzzles. I keep finding the coolest puzzle shirts that say, "Puzzle Nerd" or "All I Want for Christmas are Puzzles." 

Writing Update

Working on a scene and realized I needed a scene between two moments so now I need to write that. I had the conversation so perfectly in my head. I wrote it down the best I could, but then I go to bed and rework the scene in my head and think I'll remember in the morning, but I never do.