Skip to main content

Street Racers, Fires on the Freeway and Commune Travelers

 I woke in the middle of the night to what sounded like street racers. It is such a weird feeling to be woken up and in a haze because it sounds like something is wrong and at first I thought I heard an accident with wheels screeching. The only other thing it could be was a bunch of teenagers or young adults popping donuts. Emory says that has woken him up a few times in the past. 

The winds have picked up. Sue was calling me on her commute and she said "I'll have to hang up and call 911, there's a fire." Fires spread so fast with the wind, so I called her back later to make sure everything was okay and she said she couldn't get through to the emergency services and she believed it was because everyone was calling. 

There was a major fire on the Interstate 10 Freeway going into downtown and it's one of the busiest roads. Click here for article. I am so glad I don't use that freeway. But they do believe it was arson. We have a lot of homeless people that build fires to stay warm and those fires get out of hand, so I'm kind of wondering if this was an accident. Emory says there is a person of interest. 

Thanksliving was great! We made "Marry Me Tofu" and mashed potatoes to put the Marry Me Tofu on. We made green beans and two apple pies which was good because we ate half the apple pie in the first tray in one day.

I got my butt up at 6am to be at my favorite thrift store by 7am. I was the only car in the lot and everyone came right at 5 minutes till 7am when it opens. I got in and (having scoped the place out 2 days prior) knew exactly what I wanted and BAM!!!! It was still there. I got a few puzzles and two games that I've wanted for about 7 years. So yes for me! I'm going to take the games to the commune when I go out for Yule and see if anyone will play with me. I'm sure Ann and Laverne will.