Skip to main content

Thrift Stores, Hungarian Bell Peppers and Wrapping Gifts

 We went to Ventura for the weekend. Main Street has a lot of novelty shops and tons of thrift stores that raise money for organizations. I went into one that was huge and at the very back they had puzzles for $1.00 a piece. I got two wood puzzles and one box that had 3 puzzles, but two of those puzzles are mixed so that'll be fun to unravel, and I got a Disney Pirates of the Caribbean 2-sided puzzle. Great value folks though Emory wasn't too incredibly pleased that I brought home more puzzles. 

Ventura has a lot of farmland so there are tons of booths selling fruits and veggies. We stopped on our way back home at one of my favorite spots. They had tons of pumpkins, but we ended up going inside and I found a Hungarian bell pepper that I bought and Apple Pie syrup for waffles. It's hard not to just want to shop, but since we're on a budget, I only bought those two things. I couldn't wait to get home and try the pepper and try the syrup, but Sue wanted to go out for dinner so we did that instead of waffles, but we did cut the pepper to eat. 

Emory has a job interview on Friday. He also wants to go back to get a certificate in the medical field. I love my job so I hope he finds something he really wants to do.

The holidays are coming up. We wrapped the gifts we had while watching Dr. Seuss baking competition. It was fun. We got a chance to see what we got for everyone and put them in nice boxes. I can't wait to hand the gifts out. Best part of Yule! Though Emory thinks the best part is the lights. I'll definitely have to take pictures.