Skip to main content

Book Club Ladies, Reign of Terror Haunted House and No-Go Job Searches

 Book Club Book: "City of the Dead" by Jonathan Kellerman.

It took a long time for the library to get this book for pickup. I love our library system especially since I need a new book every month and we just don't have those types of funds for extras. I do enjoy getting to meet with the women though. I learn so many neat things about other people's lives. I want to meet for coffee with some of them outside the group and get to know their personalities a little better, but I'm not sure how to approach it. Interactions aren't that easy for me. I get embarrassed that I might sound immature or that I pronounce my words differently because a lot of people think I'm from another country. I'm not. 

We went to a haunted house this past weekend called "Rot House: Reign of Terror."

It was one of the best haunted houses. Emory laughed because I didn't expect some of the jump scares, which one would expect in a haunted house, and I ducked and screamed a lot. My fight-or-flight response is broken. I just sort of fall hapless. I really wish I could've taken pictures inside but there were no cameras allowed. The animatronics were wonderful!

Emory is still looking for a job. We've decided to cut back on groceries. We have tons of beans that the commune has given us so we can just make beans and rice for meals. We have tons of oatmeal and coffee so I think we have the basics. We have a few extra things here and there so we could probably do okay for the next couple of months.

Living out here is so expensive and we're probably scrapping the barrel on job searches so we're a little disappointed and depressed about that but we have puzzles from the commune and puzzle swap so we're quietly busy.