Skip to main content

Beach Days, Sports Bars and Spider Bites

 We had a great weekend up at the beach. We did take the dogs, and realized a little late that they weren't allowed on the pier, but no one said anything. We got my favorite RACER tea. We walked and walked and it rained on us. Not as badly as it did the time before last, which was good because we didn't bring an umbrella. 


We stopped at a sports bar and got a few drinks, chips and watched the game. Colorado was playing. I don't know if Emory actually follows the team or if it was just something to watch. The bar was empty when we arrived at 11:00 am. Yeah, it's a little early to be drinking, but we were having a nice little weekend. The bar quickly got full though and people watching was okay, but so much was going on that it quickly lost its appeal. 

I took a really beautiful picture of an orb spider. We've been seeing them all summer in the trees and finally I found it on the internet, surprisingly when I was trying to look up California spiders to match a bite I got. Thank Goddess it doesn't look like a brown recluse or black widow bite. It's itchy and painful, but it's not blistering. So that's fun to contend with. 

 


I'm pretty sure this is not what bit me, because I've never seen this in the house before. So I probably got bit by a common house spider. 

Well we are finally into the 100's on followers on our Youtube puzzle account. We're excited. We just finished an easy puzzle and the pieces are huge. I sent a picture to Ann and Laverne. They can pass the puzzle off when they are done. I don't need to see it again. I've kept one puzzle so far.