Skip to main content

Homebodies, Halloween Bar Crawls and Writing

 It's been pretty quiet these last few weeks. The Porter commune has been staying busy. Darlene and Mr. M have been golfing. I think Darlene has an all women's tournaments that she goes into. Sue has been busy volunteering. She's getting backpacks ready for the students going to school. 

We need to make plans to go to the beach, but it's been nice being homebodies. We've been watching a lot of horror movies lately. I saw that Saw is coming out again, the next chapter, but I won't be seeing it. I don't care too much for torture though I guess zombies (cannibalism) and werewolves are pretty nasty too. I like the supernatural type of horror though we're watching one that I think might be a slasher movie. (Yep... it was.) 

Our apartment complex is getting a new roof so it's been extremely loud. They're also cleaning the hallways and asking pet owners not to let their dogs pee in the hall. I believe it! The staircase smells like urine sometimes. Our dogs are good. They wait until they are outside, but mostly I don't give Mozart a chance because I carry him until we're outside. If I don't, he makes this super high-pitched excited yelp that sounds like someone is kicking him and it's so embarrassing. He doesn't do that outside. 

I have been puzzling lately and not playing video games. 

I saw Halloween bar crawls. There are costume contests and lots of drinking. It sounds fun, but when we looked at the pictures, it looks like all younger people. I wish we had a group we could go with that was closer to our age. Or have our own "bar crawl". I think there's one at Christmas where everyone dresses up like Santa and hop from bar to bar. Anyways, this might be another dead end for our Halloween adventures this year. I'll keep looking for something we can do.

We made a cake and it's so good I can see why people take a fork and eat the whole thing. I really want to do that, but I need to be good because my sugar is already telling me that I had too much.

Writing Update:

B.C. Still working / editing chapter 9. I'm halfway through this project and very proud with the way it just flows.