Skip to main content

Earthquakes, Storms and Writing

We didn't wake up early enough to exercise before the storm hit on Sunday. We had both the tropical storm blow through and an earthquake. The earthquake was registered as a 5.5. (though there's another chart that says 5.1 so I'm not terribly sure). Thank Goddess for rollers on buildings because our place rolled a lot but nothing fell. 

We didn't work out this morning either because of flash flood warnings. I'm so lucky I work from home this week and don't have to go out in the storm. 

I'm starting my new job today. I had a meeting on Friday to meet some of the staff but I'll have another meeting on Tuesday to meet everyone else. The manager has really high hopes for me so I want to impress. 

I just found out that no one gets hired into this position from the position I originally had because it's a starting point and I jumped two departments to get this spot so I really need to bring my A-Game. I feel like I have a lot to prove. I've learned so much right now that I can't imagine backtracking. I'm really excited about all this.

 I told Ann that after this, I'll go be a surgeon and she laughed and said, "Go Barbie." She saw the Barbie movie so that's all she's been talking about lately. It's super cute. 

Writing Update:

Just posted chapter 9 so now it's time to work on chapter 10. I've got a start but I have a torture scene that I need to write so I need to go deep.