Skip to main content

Boating, Dinner with the Commune and Writing

 I have my job interview Friday and I still haven't decided what to wear or the questions I need to ask for the position. Instead, I've been goofing off going between the Porter commune and the Oxnard commune. Emory and I spent 4th of July at Porter with all the animals that we've been collecting at all the houses. So we baby-sat Sassy Pants and she didn't like the fireworks and Mozart didn't care too much for the fireworks either. 

I went up to Oxnard with Sue and she took a nap while I got on the boat with Mr. M, Steven and Leila. We were doing great, until a wave crashed over the side of the boat and soaked everyone but me. I must have gotten super lucky because I was also wearing a lot less clothes than everyone else so I would have been cold, plus I didn't have extra clothes at the house, not that Sue wouldn't have found me something to wear. 


Mr. M wanted me to drive the boat so he could clean off his glasses. It was okay, but I was really nervous and he would keep telling me that I was drifting the boat too close to the parked yachts so you tell me that's not stressful. Plus there are rules to boat driving, just like on the road with cars so some times boats would be heading on the wrong side of the water-road. It was nerve-wracking. But I got us back home and he tied the boat off. 

 We went to Toppers for dinner. They didn't have glutton free pizza so I had to get the salad bar. The salad bar had tons of foods that I eat so I filled up on it twice. So delicious. We talked with Leila and she's still in high school so she told us about her classes and dances consist mostly of people jumping instead of dancing. I asked her if they had the "jump around" song still and she said no. I mostly listen to classic rock so I have no idea what's new anymore.   

Writing update

B.C. I added another 800 words. I'll get more done tomorrow.