Skip to main content

Arizona Commune, Fireworks and No Writing

Flew to Arizona on my own and it was an okay flight. I was on with a bunch of junior high students so I was glad I downloaded a bunch of Marvel movies to have a distraction, which was cool for a second. I was watching one where a woman lifted her shirt and I flipped my phone practically out of my hand trying to hide it. Later I told Emory about it and he said "I don't remember that when we watched it." Yeah, I don't remember it either. So I chose to read instead.

I went back to the Phoenix commune. Steven and Ann picked me up and Steven came in to look for me. The airport was super crowded. Back at the house, I did a little puzzling with Laverne and then the next day, Steven and I went to another commune for coffee and to look at Farmer Bill's garden. I can't believe he can grow so much out in that desert landscape. It's a little muggy right now because of the monsoons coming, but it's hot hot hot too! 


 

We went to Jeffery's afterwards and that's who I stayed with for two days. We did fireworks a day before July 4th. We had sparklers and tons of fireworks.

 

Steven was goofing off with the sparkler and I think it whacked him in the back but it didn't burn a hole in his shirt which was what he was afraid of. Jeffery spent $140.00 on fireworks and you get a box of different kinds. And another $6.99 on 5 sparklers. We had a really good time. I guess they hadn't done this for 3 years so hopefully he had fun watching Steven and I take turns burning the wicks on the fireworks. 

Writing update:

 I brought my laptop with me to Arizona, but I was too exhausted to write. I did a little writing in the airport, but after that, nothing happened creatively for me.