Skip to main content

Window Shopping Fail, More Coffee Please and Writing

I'm so far behind on my book club reading. I just got the book and I keep forgetting it at home so I haven't taken it with me to work or to the commune house. 

 
 
The commune went to Canada so we're babysitting the pets. Love the fur babies. 

My supervisor and I both like rummage sales. She looks for flower pots and things she can put flower pots on. I look for puzzles... however, I went shopping last weekend at a church sale and found sugar skull print leggings. I bought a red pair and a pink pair brand new, still in the package with their tags for $2 each. I also found a cute dish that says "cute daughter" ( .25 cents) which I think is probably for children, but it'd make a great soup bowl or a cereal bowl. It has a handle on the side. I didn't find any puzzles and I really wanted a espresso pot that goes on the burner. 

I convinced Emory to go window shopping at my favorite thrift store which he unwittingly helped me get super indecisive about all the puzzles available. I was only going to buy 2 but I ended up with 15 and all but one was only .99 cents. and that one was $3.99 brand new. The others I believe are used, but look like they are in good condition. 

We also ended up going shopping for food, and though I have plenty of coffee, I ended up buying pumpkin ground coffee, caramel ground coffee and coconut ground coffee. I'm so happy right now. I'm just swimming in coffee. Speaking of which, I need to make myself another cup. I'm really trying to cut down and the weeks that I'm in the office, I only drink 2 cups, but when I'm at home, I still drink about 5 cups. 

Writing Update:

Working on chapter seven of the current NaNoWriMo project that I started in 2022. Yikes, I'm still trying to get the 50,000 words written. The chapters are longer than I'd make an actual book, but this is for me so I break a few writing rules to entertain my brain.