Skip to main content

Babysitting Sassy-Cat, Power Outtage and Writing

 Babysitting Sassy for the two weeks haven't been hard until yesterday. The power around the area had been knocked out so at first I wasn't sure the code would even let us into the house. It did. 

This morning the motor for the hot tub was running so we called the owners and they said not to worry about it so we're going to have to check on it when we get up there tonight to make sure it's off. If not, they're coming home tomorrow so that will be good. They can handle all that.

 I really thought I would have a chance to work on the TEMU puzzles but we're working on a Star Wars puzzle that is really hard to put together because it's mostly ship and stars. lol. Emory is so cute. He knows all the names for the ships. I didn't realize he liked Star Wars so much. I always thought we were both Trekkies, but I learned two things about him this year, the second being that he loves cinnamon gum, it's his favorite. (hashtag: you think you know everything) 💋

I went to Dollar Tree and found some really great products to try on my hair. I love that there is the little symbol for cruelty free, but I do look up the ones that don't have that symbol. I found a few things I don't need like little carry package of band-aids. I have some in my purse, but I was out with Sue and she usually needs band-aids so I might give her the little pack of eight in a plastic container (so cute). I have a co-worker who constantly needs band-aids too. I also got another puzzle (completely didn't need considering I bought 15 puzzles the week prior). 

I decided to buy my dad whisky and cigars for father's day and because his birthday is coming up within that time line. My apartment has a father figure party on Friday, but Emory has to work. I went to see the mother's day party and they said it's for pet parents too so I got to enjoy some yummy food, drinks and bath bomb gifts which I'm going to give my aunt because she's like a second mother.

I'm thinking my coworker needs disposable coffee cups and a box of Starbucks coffee pods. I don't think I'll understand her. She told me to throw away my mug, which I really happen to like. And she hates everything not Starbucks. She goes twice a day. I'm frugal. I use the coffee the office provides and I use a reusable cup. But if I need to find her a Christmas gift, I'll know what to get her. 

 Writing Update:

I just burnt myself out working on two short stories and another chapter to the NaNoWriMo project I'm still determined to finish. I believe I'm at 30,000+ words now.