Skip to main content

Pepper Chocolate, Books and Writing

Book Club book of the month: Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

This was one that I had chosen to put in my reading list, but it looks like it was voted before it's my chance to host. Now I need to find another three books to put up for vote. Richard had a good suggestion and I wrote it down, so we'll see what the ladies decide. 

I got a chocolate bar from the grocery store that was on the clearance table thinking it would be nifty. Vegan chocolate can be pretty $$$. So I gave it to Emory and he said, "Oh, this is going to be hot." I thought he meant the popping candy would be hot so I told him it was only candy. He said nothing and stuck it in the basket. 

A few days later, I opened the chocolate and at first it wasn't that bad. The popping candy really takes your mouth by storm and then.... THE HEAT!!! 

OH-MY-GODDESS!!! That chocolate is hot! Because it has peppers in the chocolate. I was not expecting that and since we both only tore a little piece off with our hands, I'm going to see if my brother wants the rest of it because he likes hot things. He can go as hot as Thai hot, which I hear is pretty hot. I don't eat hot foods so I have no idea. 

Emory started a new job so his hours are much later than mine so we've gotten up and still go to the gym at 5am, but on the walk scheduled days, we take a 3 mile walk which is really nice because the sun is coming up early so we're out when it goes from dark to light. It's going to get hot here soon and walking outside will be impossible. 

Writing Update:

Been rereading some of my other projects which isn't helpful for the project I'm working on right now.