Skip to main content

Eating Donuts, 7 Mile Walk and Writing

 It's been such a good couple of weeks. I went to my book club meeting which was fun. Sue had gotten me a dozen donuts from Leo's Cafe for the event, which is both vegan and gluten free. I ate most of them. Emory wasn't feeling donuts this week and someone had to eat them. 

We went up to Oxnard for one weekend and had Nepal food. OMG so good. We each got a dish and shared which was perfect and we had enough to bring home and eat again. It's funny because the spices can go up to a 5 in heat but we opted for mild. Later, Sue said, "I could have went with a level 2." Yeah right! Her and Emory would have been sweating.

Emory and I made "not meatloaf" and "take fives" and chocolate covered pretzels. My coworker told me that I eat too many beans for her personal taste. I was going to correct her but I guess I do eat a lot of things with beans. I eat a lot of tofu, pasta and oats too, but oh well. At least she's not telling me I eat grass. That joke gets old fast. Now that I think about it, I probably should try and eat more salad too.

I did get a pretty mean blister this weekend from all the walking we did. We walked 7 miles on Saturday because we didn't want to just sit at home and the weather was excellent (not too hot or too cold). We stopped by my favorite thrift store and there were three puzzles that I really wanted. One of them was only 99 cents and the other two were not that expensive. I just hope all the pieces are there, but we've been lucky with this place so far. 

Writing Update:

B.C. editing chapter 6 and outlining chapter 7.