Skip to main content

Thrift Shop Puzzles, Eating Cement and Writing

I have a new book to read for the book club: The Talented Miss Farwell by Emily Gray Tedrowe. It's a pretty good book. I'm only on page 83.

Emory and I spent the day doing our daily walk and I asked him to go into a few thrift shops to look at puzzles. The first shop had 1 of the puzzles on my wish list and the second shop had 2 on my wish list. So I ended up buying two puzzles on my wish list and two that were not on my wish list but looked cool to do. I sent the pictures to Anne and she's already got them on her to do list. I think the official term for this is "Dibs" 😂

Emory and I decided to walk to the store so on our way, we stopped at 7-Eleven and he got a lottery ticket and then we got to the store and I got a movie "Violent Night" which was pretty good. It's violent but also funny. Reminded us a lot of "Die Hard" but with Santa Claus. Good for people who like the action and we were watching the commentary so it sounds like stunt performers were also some of the actor characters. 

Anyways, on our way back from the store, I tripped and ate cement. It was a pretty bad fall and I hurt my left hand pretty bad, hurt my left hip and got a pretty nasty bump on my chin that swelled so now I look like a cartoon guy with a super big chin. I don't want to go to work and explain why I'm all wrapped up, but our family nurse (the commune nurse) said that I needed to wrap my arm and put ice on my chin for the swelling. 20 minutes of ice and 20 minutes of no ice. I took my ring off incase my fingers start to swell. 

Writing Update:

I was reading a story that had a lot of the same elements as a story I posted on this website and when I looked down at the footnotes, the writer made a very distinctive note that this story was inspired by my story! 💗I feel so excited that my story touched someone's creative bone. Really. I couldn't stop screaming and I was supposed to be getting ready for bed, but I was so happy and that much excitement had to go somewhere. I love that people are digging my stories.