Skip to main content

Nothing Much Weekend, Layoffs Expected and Writing

We are trying to be careful with spending so we didn't do too much this weekend. We puzzled and watched horror movies. I've been a little scared to go walking since I constantly trip, but I really wanted to get out of the house so we went for a super long walk up around the college. Good thing we didn't go the other direction because I don't have the willpower not to go into Goodwill or the Granada Thrift shop. I seriously can't wait until I go to rummage sales out in Arizona with the Glendale commune.

We did not go to any Super Bowl parties, though both communes were having parties, (the Glendale AZ commune and the Porter commune). We did have a drink though.

My company is going through a reorganization so there are expected layoffs. We're getting a retention bonus if we stay until the bitter end, but I'm getting my resume ready in case I'm one of the 40% that's expected to get cut. My supervisor doesn't think it's going to effect our department and I talked with the mail room and they seem to believe it's not going to effect them. I'd be surprised if it effects accounting. So who knows who is getting cut, but I'm hoping for the best. 

There are two puzzles I'm waiting on from a seller on "Offer Up" but she takes forever to respond so I'm thinking she's not really interested in selling. I'm frustrated. I really want to collect a few Disney puzzles from my wish list. *le sigh*

Writing Update

It's getting a little easier using my hand so I will be writing this week. Nope, I lied. It hurts to write or do anything with my broken hand. It feels like the cast is too tight or it's swelling. It hurts.