Skip to main content

Happy New Year, Food Themes and Writing

Book Club: The Four Ms Bradwells by Meg Waite Clayton

Happy New Years! We stayed home this year, but Darleen and Mr. M went to play poker at a friend's house and Sue stayed in watching a Netflix series. Ann and John went dancing and Rose went to a pajama party. She's a graduated woman so the pajama party probably had some liquor too. 😁

Emory and I put together puzzles and watched Disney movies until 12:00am and then we opened our door and listened to people shout and fire off the fireworks. When I was a child, we would take pots and pans outside and bang them yelling "Happy New Year" but since we live in a community, we decided not too, but people were shouting all around us. It was fun.

I'm on the group text between two communes so my phone was blowing up. That was fun. This morning it's the same thing, except a third commune opened the group text chat. Today had a theme, send pictures of the food you're making to celebrate the New Year. I posted a picture of my vegan pot pie! It was so good but it's not going to make 8 servings the way we eat it. 

Writing Update:

Working on same chapter editing.