Skip to main content

Female Only Book Club, Nitty Gritty Condiments and Writing

I met a lot of lovely women at the book club. We talked about the book (of course) and then we just chatted over muffins and parfaits and fruit. There was other food there too, but it wasn't vegan so I didn't partake. It's nice being part of an all female group to just chat. One of the women loves puzzles too so we might start exchanging puzzles with her. YES!!! I love puzzles right now. 

It stopped raining so Emory and I ventured out a little. We went food shopping which we desperately needed to do because our fridge was down to the nitty gritty of condiments and a few herbs. 

We've been watching a Drink Masters show about cocktails paired with food and we decided to play a little with our food. We had to get bourbon which I've never drank so I don't know if I'll like it and we found a maple bourbon chili recipe that we're going to try. I'm a little nervous. He is too. He asked what we would do if we don't like it. I said we'll take it to the Porter commune and see if they will eat it. 😘

Emory is still on the search for a job. He's applied to so many crazy places that I would never do, like midnight shifts. I tried that once and it was okay, but when you're asleep and everyone else is awake, and vise versa, it gets lonely. I have been looking for jobs for him too and my places are a little more toned down. It's frustrating though because the few places that called have not called back. Maybe it's because it's January and most places aren't considering until February because we had so many holidays.

Speaking of holidays, there was a mass shooting on the Chinese New Year which is terrible. People were killed and hurt and it just made everyone sick to hear. 

Writing Update:

P.I.B. I posted this short story. Yeah, it wasn't edited as great as I do, but I wanted it to be short and simple and it read nicely so I didn't edit (add) more to it. It's got 79 hits right now. 

B.L. I started editing chapter 7 on this one because I didn't like how it read in my head while I was at work. The more I thought about it, the more I felt like it was too rushed and some of the moments didn't make sense so I had to edit it to make it make sense. I'm still only on chapter 7 because I was watching television, which I probably shouldn't have been doing, but I'll edit it a final time before I actually post it. I haven't posted anything on this story yet. It's my personal little project at the moment.