Skip to main content

Sunny Hot Arizona Weather, Spicy Cooking Oils and Writing

I had such a great time in Arizona! I think the weather was about 70ish, (maybe a little higher) and no coats were needed. Darleen sent pictures of the Porter commune with everyone lounging on the deck. I guess I could have sent her a picture of us at the pool.


There were a lot of people with gifts at the mantel. I love watching people unwrap gifts. Ann gave us this ball that floats in the air with a little motor. It's really fun and we had a great time playing with it. She also gave the same gift to Steven and to some young adults at another household. 


Farmer Bill made his own spicy cooking oils to cook with and gave me a jar. He said it's really hot so to proceed with caution. I stuck it in my purse and then when we were heading over the California/Arizona boarder, I told Emory we had contraband. 😂 I'm just wondering how hot did he make this because they don't horse around with their hot sauces at that commune. 

Steven eats hot sauce. Maybe I should have left a little with him.

Writing Update:

I did not bring my laptop to Arizona so I need to work on my writing, however, I'm also in a book club for 2023 so that's been keeping me busy.