Skip to main content

Porter Commune Gift Exchange, Spring Roll Making and Writing

We brought all the gifts from the Porter commune to take to the Glendale commune and then Sue called and wanted me to bring a few of the gifts back up. They want to open presents between us. I got everyone something small but useful. The biggest box on the bottom of that pile is stuffed full of gifts for the Glendale commune from the Porter commune. Emory and I hauled most of the Porter communes gifts up in November. Emory and I have our own huge box for the Glendale/
Scottsdale/ Chandler communes. It's fun! 😊 I celebrate Santa Claus and Yule!



Sue gave me a sweater! It's so pretty and feminine. She gave Emory a gift card to the car wash which he loves! I was pretty excited on that one when she told me she was thinking about giving it to him. She also gave us coffee! I love coffee and I can't wait to drink this! Which won't take too long because I drink about 4 to 5 cups of black coffee a day. I'm not into cream and sugar. I do think I might have a coffee addiction. A coworker of mine said she was thinking about finding me a coffee sign for work. 

Darleen and Mr. S gave us a waffle maker! So now we can finally make waffles. The Porter Commune wants to come over for waffle day though Darleen does have a potluck breakfast on Sunday at the end of every month. It's following a book club, but wouldn't that be fun to bring waffles? 

Emory and I made our own vegan spring rolls. We watched the little video they linked on how to roll the spring rolls and it was not easy. Emory does all the cutting because I'm not so brave with knives. In fact, he's probably the sole reason I eat so well. The directions were simple on this, but you can tell this is our first time trying to make these. 




Writing Update:

Almost done with editing chapter four but I feel like it's my way of procrastinating with chapter 5. I'm debating on how dark I want this story to get. I dared myself to really write outside my norms one year and since then, I've realized how dark I can really get with my writing, but it doesn't leave me in a good headspace so do I want to do it? Part of me says that I'm going to write dark and scale back as needed.