Skip to main content

New Girl at Work, Holiday with the Commune and Writing

We have a new person at work. It's been fun having another person to do the job with, though she's learning something new that I was never trained on so I can't help her. She's got an interest in the mail clerk though she says she doesn't, but she notices such little details about him. The writer in me thinks it's a budding character romance, but truthfully, she said that dating in the office was not her policy. I agree that it can get too messy.

The mail clerk wants me to bring cookies or brownies. I should have asked if he likes nuts in his brownies. The new girl though told him I'm vegan so he might not like what I cook. Oh well...

Though he did say he was vegan for a year with his cousin. I think they misunderstand the dynamics of what being vegan is, since they weren't doing it for the animals. I'd personally say that maybe he was plant base considering that it was a health issue and once the health issue was over, they went back to eating like they normally do. 

Sue went up north for the holidays and we're heading towards Arizona at the end of the week. It's going to be a quick turnaround. We're staying at the Glendale commune and visiting the Scottsdale commune and the Chandler commune. We have a few single family homes we're visiting too. I have a bag of snacks for Steven. He loved my bag of snacks last time I brought them to him. 

We just finished a puzzle. This is our 3rd puzzle this year. The new girl keeps asking me what I'm doing and I tell her my weekend plans (puzzling, getting drinks at Starbucks to people watch, etc) and she thinks I'm strange. If she only knew the half of it. All the intimate details of my strangeness, but I do have an artist lifestyle. 

Writer Update:

B.C. I'm editing the fourth chapter right now, though I really should just write and edit later. I think I'm stalling. I wasn't sure how I wanted to play it, but I have my first turn of events happening right now. I'm not sure how long this story is actually going to be.