Skip to main content

Arizona Communes, Youth Theater and NaNoWriMo

I had so much fun in Arizona. Where to start with the story....

We visited three communes. They are not close to each other, so we had a bit of a drive. I gave Farmer Bill the hot pepper kit I got for the Scottsdale commune. Poppy seemed excited about it. I hope they actually use it. Farmer Bill told me that he was taking some of the pepper seeds to plant and add to his garden! I hope he actually made some sauce too.

We visited Jeffrey and made him our famous chili. He wanted to try vegan chili so Emory and I added a little something extra - Beyond Meat! We usually don't add meat substitutes to our chili but we've done it in the past and it does have a little something extra and Jeffrey wanted to try the Beyond meat. He says he loved it but it was Ann who went back for seconds. (Oh! Ann visited that commune too, but took her own car because she had to head to work) It's one of our favorite recipes. I think we'll make him Beyond Meat burgers next time so he can have the whole experience. His curiosity is great!

We went to see a play from the youth theater called Shrek Jr. the Musical. The characters were adorable and the show extremely fun. Steven got sick from his girlfriend and they both sat right next to me so I expected I'd get sick, but it never happened.  The whole Glendale commune seemed to get sick so Ann kept writing me asking me how I felt and I told her fine. If I got sick, it was very mild. Everything is effecting my asthma though.

We went to Bookman's and Goodwill and ended up with tons of books. I even found a cat puzzle at Goodwill for Sue who lives at the commune out here in Los Angeles. Ann gave me a box of puzzles to give to the Los Angeles group and I took puzzles from the Los Angeles group to Arizona. I feel like a delivery service! Woot! Woot!

We went to Cave Creek and took some fun photos.


Ann bought Emory and me these really cool coasters from this crystal shop. Everything is natural stones and polished stones! This was paradise. Danne get's it! I found something for Sue to add to her Christmas gift but I need to find her something that's just !WOW! 

We met some of our best friends for coffee and then ended up going out for lunch with them. We're planning on heading to Cottonwood with them for spring! That will be so much fun. I think they have a bed and breakfast they'd like to try out.💕

Writing Update:

So I'm working on a project that I didn't plan on working on. I'm a little down because there isn't a huge following for the category I'm writing in, but it's my happy place. I need new inspiration though. Nothing has hit that headspace yet.