Skip to main content

AMC Interview with a Vampire, Winter Holidays and NaNoWriMo

Watching:  AMC Interview with a Vampire
Eating: Tortilla Soup
Reading:  A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire  
Oil Diffuser:  Teak Wood

My girl friend wants us to watch the AMC Interview with a Vampire and tell her if it's good, which is tricky for me. I always want to jump in with the storyline, being of a storyline mindset. I haven't told her much, just that the timeframe seems different, which Emory confirmed, it is. At first I wasn't sure I really liked the updates (it seems to be very bloody), but as we get farther into it, I am caught up with the story and I want another one after this season ends. So I guess that makes it a success to me. Just to be clear, vampires are not my favorite monster, werewolves are. Something about all the blood sucking with vampires turns my stomach. I think it's too precision-like with the teeth, like needles drawing blood out of the veins...

We made ourselves some late night cake, chocolate with white frosting. We also got cranberry cookies, eggnog and Hu chocolate (the vegan ones). We just bought apple pie coffee. I think the holidays are officially here for me. We went to Target today and they have their winter holiday stuff out! 

It's been raining. Yeah! And Nay! 

P.S. It's finally cold enough to get into the hot tub here at the apartment.

Writing Update:

Chapter 1 finished: 4,110 / 50000 words.

Chapter 2 finished: 7,050/ 50000 words

Chapter 3 finished 11,303 / 50000 words

Chapter 4 still working on it

I want to post chapter 1 to the website, but I'm also feeling a little unsure I want to be rushed by an audience until I feel like I know what direction this is going in. I know we shouldn't edit while we write, but I did do a little editing and boy am I glad I did. So many inconsistencies.