Skip to main content

Rainy Days, Possible Rolling Blackouts and Writing

Watching:  She Hulk
Eating: avocado sandwich 
Reading:  Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire  
Oil Diffuser:  Lemon Grass

It was funny because it started raining Friday (not a lot, just a very heavy sprinkle) and my boss immediately whined because her hair is naturally curly and she straightens it. I have a straightener somewhere, but it takes so much time to do and I keep burning myself. 

They were checking badges at work. I always wear mine so it was not a deal. There are so few of us in office, but maybe they want to make sure we belong on that floor. The whole time they checked my badge, my head kept saying, "food" because it's the day they bring in snacks. I could only have the oatmeal today. They also had nuts, but there was milk chocolate in the nuts so I figured someone else can take them. I need to bring a bowl to work so I can have the oatmeal while I'm working. Now that the cold weather is coming, I think I'll want snacks. 

I believe it was last Thursday that we got an alert on our phones saying to turn anything unnecessary off due to the possibility of rolling blackouts. I turned the air off and all the lights and our computers off. We never had rolling blackouts in my neighborhood, but we've only been running any appliances during the time they suggested. Now that the weather has gotten a little cooler, hopefully our power grid isn't taxed. It is humid out here, but not like Florida gets. 

Writing Update:

My moon sister and I have decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. I was thinking about writing a Creepy Pasta, but I've got a fey story that I've been wanting to tell. It's fairly dark and I think I've been really inspired by the "This is Halloween" song with the "I am the who when you whisper 'who's there.'" 

My fey story might have a shapeshifter. It keeps getting more complicated by the minute.