Skip to main content

Oxnard Beach, Tar on our Feet and Writing

Sue and I drove to Oxnard. We both had the day off so we went to get Pho which they had great vegan options. We then visited the beach house and picked veggies! So excited because she gave me veggies to bring home. In truth, I ate some of the tomatoes there, but I brought the rest home. We then went to walk on the beach.

It was hot and we weren't wearing beach clothes. I expected it to be a little cooler and I did shave so I should have worn shorts. Not that being hairy has stopped me from wearing shorts, but I have been shaving lately. Sort of. 

Anyway, all was great until I stepped in tar. I didn't know what it was and it looked like it was moving (which it was because it was sealing to my skin) so I thought I'd stepped on an urchin. I freaked out until I realized it didn't hurt, plus Sue was very calm. She said, "Let me take a look." I raised my foot for her to inspect and she said, "You stepped in tar." 
Got Tar on my Foot

So she suggest I walk through the water, which later I told Ann about and Ann laughed and said, "You can't get rid of tar from stepping in water." Which we realized soon enough when it wasn't coming off and Sue stepped in tar too. I thought it was funny. She said she had sandals in the car and I told her we could split the sandals because I got tar on my right foot and she got tar on her left foot. 

Little Sea Guys


Writing Update:

B.L. Title might still need work. I'm working through chapter 7.