Skip to main content

Ann Organizes, Duffy Rides and Writing

Watching:  Youtube
Eating: Veggie Skewer
Reading: The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C Wrede and Caroline Stevermer

Ann from the Glendale Commune came out and helped us organize. I guess when you're from a commune, you get really good at organizing because you have such a large amount of things from everyone living there. She has four crockpots but they use them. I only have one so far. Anyways, she helped us organize our kitchen because we have so much plastic that we recycle and reuse to put our lunches in. 

Friday, we went to this little wine store that had a bar downstairs. It felt like a Speak Easy going down the narrow steps. I got wine and Emory got beer and we chatted a little bit, waiting for the free comedy show. At 8:30 we took our seats in the room that the show took place and had ourselves a pretty good laugh. My favorite comedian in the lineup was Saul Trujillo. 

I've found a few other comedian shows that only charge $5 to $10. That's a pretty cheap date night (cheaper than the movies) especially when you're living on a budget. 


We spent Saturday at Oxnard riding the duffy which is an electric boat. It was fun. We went around the harbor and looked at all the sail boats and yachts. Later we had a vegan dinner at Darlene's house. Her house looks over the water so we wave at kayakers and the little boats that come through. It's my favorite thing to do though next time I think Emory and I might kayak too. 

Writing Update:

Untitled Sci-Fi: Working on chapter 2 now. I really need to map this out. Right now I'm writing as I think it.