Skip to main content

Beet Red Pee, Hot Hikes and Writing

Watching:  Force of Nature
Eating: Vegan Pupusas
Reading: Fatally Frosted by Jessica Beck    

Two weekends ago Emory and I went to a farmer's market and got beets and carrots. Both were really good. I was warned that eating beets can turn your pee RED, however, I must not have had enough. I do want to keep eating them because they made me feel healthy. I'm a junk food vegan so being healthy once in a while is a real plus. 

We went hiking last weekend with Sue and that was fun and exhausting. We went around 8am but it was already getting hot. Hot out here is not the same type of hot as Arizona in May. Ann said that it's going to hit the 100's in Arizona and the weather website says it's going to be in the 70's this week in Los Angeles. Maybe it's a good time to go to the beach. 

Anyways, after the hike, we went out to eat and enjoyed talking for a little longer before going back to Sue's house and seeing the garden she's planted. I tried to take pictures and videos, but it didn't come out all that great. 

Sue took me to a place called, "The Collection" and it's a neat little setup of stores, restaurants, bars, etc. I think there is a comedy club and bowling alley there as well. I told Emory it would be fun to go get drinks and then go bowling. Maybe in this order: drinks, dessert, and then bowling. 

Writing update:

Untitled Sci-Fi: 1 chapter in (6 pages so far that need heavy editing). I love how I just put an X as a place marker and expect my future self to know what thought process I had for the story that I was going to go back and fill-in. Well, that future self is today. I am now going back and filling in those blanks. I hope I have a better idea of the story, but I think I'll start mapping it out instead of just winging it.