Skip to main content

Jury Summons, Squishy Spiders and Writing

I had a jury summons this week which meant I had to call in for five days, each day after 7:00 p.m. to find out if my juror number was called. It wasn't. Thank goddess. I'm afraid I'll get on a murder trial and have to see horrible pictures. I can do horror movies with supernatural creatures but I can't do serial killers and slasher flicks. I tried watching American Mary and that went south real fast. I never knew gore could make me faint. I really wish I was kidding.

Anyways, I was talking to the Storyteller and he said he was called once and it was for a murder trial. He said that they showed the pictures and the knife still had gore and roughage on it. He said the trial was a hung jury because half the people said she was guilty and the other half said no way. 

Needless to say, that is not my scene. 

We have four elevators in our office and Cat killed a spider in one. I frown at killing things, even spiders, but according to her it was big like a small tarantula, but shaped like a jumping spider and it was green. I was thinking from this description that it had to be something exotic like from Hawaii. She showed me a google searched picture on what was the closest representative of this spider and it definitely looked like a jumping spider. Long story short, the guts are still on the control panel where we click the number we want to go up. I got her elevator a couple times now. 😖 I don't want to touch the keys, but if I don't, the elevator will take me to the 20th floor and I'll be stuck, so I have to punch the key for the floor I need. 

Writing Update:

I need to write. More than a blog. I need to start a project, but I enjoy imagining the worlds more than getting them on paper. They don't feel right outside my head and on the screen.