Skip to main content

Vegan Street Fair, Vegan Cooking and Writing

Watching:  Corner Gas (Season 6) & Corner Gas the Movie
Eating: Vegan Meat Pie
Reading: Hammered by Kevin Hearne

We went to a Vegan Street Fair and it was the bomb! There were so many food tents and a lot of them offered gluten free options. Emory had 10x more options though since he doesn't have to worry about being gluten free. We did split up on the food choices. I went with Japanese sushi and he went with tacos. He also ate pizza. We got so much junk food. We tried a lot of foods too and got tons of samples. 

Vegan Fungi Sushi for me

Wicked Kitchen Taco for Emory


It was a good weekend and then on Sunday we came home and cooked spaghetti squish, chili and a vegan meat pie which made two pies and is surprisingly really good. I get most of my recipes from Instagram. 90% of my follow list might be vegan chiefs. So the meat pie was a brand new recipe for us. Chili and spaghetti is a given. We eat that stuff all the time. We haven't made beans and rice for a while. Emory calculated our budget and I think he roughly estimated that we spend about $5.++ a day on food per person. To me that's a lot, but my mom doesn't think it's too bad. 

I have a lot of cookbooks that I don't use. I think I'll need to dust them off. 

Speaking of dusting... Yeah, that's going to be my next project. If we need Sue to babysit for us, we need to have a semi-clean home. She won't want to come over otherwise. 

Writing Update:

Mind is roving. What to write now that I finished L.P. I do need to make it a habit to write every day, but the project I have I'm feeling a little wonky on. I know I have the readership when it's the fanfiction but getting the readership for original work is a little more tricky.