Skip to main content

The Commune and the Estate Sale, Gin Routine and Writing

Watching:  Chuck (Season 5) 
Eating: French Fries
Reading: Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones

The Phoenix commune has come together to help a friend with an estate sale. I am not in Arizona so I couldn't help, but it's great when the household puts their mind to a task. Ann said that there was a line of people waiting before they even were ready to open the doors. They sold an entire bedroom set (because that's something we all have in spades when you live in a commune), a pole table, a bookshelf and tons of other items. They are planning to do this for a couple more days and then they are donating everything to a number of charities.

Apparently Ann knows people who sew so a lot of the fabric was donated to this woman who teaches young people how to sew. Dishes are going to a homeless charity that sets people up in housing until they get back on their feet. Any religious items went to the church. Still, they have so much. 

Ann was telling me about this home remedy with golden raisons and juniper gin. I told her gin wasn't my favorite drink. In fact, I could barely stomach it when a gin and tonic was made for me. However, she swears by it, so I need to try it for a pain reliever. She's going to try it first though and when I come out, I'll try a little bit of hers. She wanted to buy me the whole kit so I could make them for myself. Could you imagine starting a nightly routine with Gin? She said I probably can't have wine anymore.... We'll see. I really like wine. 

Writing Update:

Still haven't finished this project. I really need to post what I have because the audience is getting restless. I haven't made time to finish it, but this weekend, I need to spend at least an hour storytelling.