Skip to main content

Commune Farmer, Hospice Donations and Writing

Watching:  Corner Gas (Season 5)
Eating: Garden Bowl 
Reading: Hammered by Kevin Hearne

Minus the rocky plane trip, the mini vacation in Arizona was nice. I got to visit two communes and of course, Mr. Jeffery's quiet home. Farmer Bill teased me about my cooking but did say I could call with any food related questions. I could probably call him for anything, but it's fun, so any food questions I have when Emory isn't available to answer (the actor's life), I can call Farmer Bill. I did drink two heavy handed screwdrivers. I never should have let Jeffery measure out the vodka. He got me drunk. 

I went over to help with what was left of the estate sale. He had a lot of things from an auction so that was cool looking at. We are just donating what's left. I took a couple books for myself and I believe something was living in the books because I got a pretty nasty little handful of bites. They don't look like they belong to a spider because those are distinct, but they don't look like a mosquito bite either. Some little mite maybe? It's taken a week but they are finally going away. 

We went to a hospice thrift store. All the money they make goes back into hospice so we donated a lot of things to them. Ann hates, hates, hates Goodwill. I don't mind shopping there on the 50% off days. Anyways, I found this cool chia pet board that you can make into crop circles. I got it for Jeffery because he will stare at the sky for hours looking for UFOs. He loves that stuff. 



Back in California and there are a few things I wouldn't mind doing this coming weekend. 

Writer Update

L.B. : Finished and posted the last two chapters. I should feel more excited than I do. Finishing works in progress has always had a sense of accomplishment, but there is nothing. I need to find something I really want to write and maybe that will bring the fire back.

I have this idea for a story about a boy who lives in a village and a boy who lives in the woods. It's a little post-apocalypse with fantasy creatures.